Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

23 December This Time of Year

I'm never here or am about to go. Mighty odd to be stuck in London though would thoroughly enjoyed it if alone and not working. But alas, there are xmas lunches to go to and families to hang with. Tomorrow that is. Over there in someone else's house but Toph rings to say that house is not ready today, the builders who were meant to finish the upgrade/extensions are still installing/building and so on and so plan B is that his parents come to ours like, this afternoon. Grand.

Was not expecting them till the 27th and of course no cleaning has been done since early Dec when we went away and all our various suitcases, chattels and so on are variously dispersed on every single surface. Heart sinks. Toph says don't worry I have 3 hours before I collect them from the station and I'll sort it out. Yeah and the washing machine door refuses to open and so clean sheets are stuck in there till I decide that hammers may do damage but may make doors open. I'm at work ha ha so can't do naught. At least they like eating out and kitchen will not have to be used. My mind goes to the tea stained cups that have been in the sink till beg December. Yes, I've been back a day or two but bleaching dirty crockery was not top of my list. All these things I was leisurely going to do on the 26th whils the rest of the world went mad visiting the sales. Alas... MIL will think I'm all window dressing with a hundred pairs of shoes but dirty knickers. Darn! Darn! Darn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home