Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, June 16, 2011

14 June - same bed, 15 years apart?

Spent night at friends in son's room (son lives with mother elsewhere most of the time). His father told me said bed had received a major previous love of mine only a couple of nights before.
Could have felt a bit odd if it wasn't that 15 years have now elapsed since he was major lover so I went to bed w/o inhaling the pillow or my mind wandering back. Previously I had fallen about laughing when told said lover had been in London as part of a penny farthing bicycle race in Spitalfields. Oddest thing I've come across in years, but then this man liked dressing in tweeds and pre-war pedal pushers. It was an infrequent occurrence 15 years ago but in the intervenign ones he's gone .... 1902. The full monty, including preposterous silly moustache. I simply would not be able to approach his face with a kiss w/o thinking 'what the f?'

Still, it's a free country and he could be dressing up in nazi uniforms and ride a tank like Ace of Spades guy does, so penny farthings are quite the gentler vehicle and I don't have to avoid running him over on some country lane. In fact have to think which would I like the least, him and the stupid wobbly bike or G's husband who relentlessly trains for iron man triathlons and does I don't know how many km on his speed demon bike every week? In both cases the respective partners are total widows. Penny farthing's one probably enjoys his other passion for classic cars but was not at the finishing line of him returning from Paris I don't think? Whilst Iron man's cyclist wife so hates his blatant ignoring of family to follow own competitive streak that she'd never attend a race.
Since am so despising of these passtimes, I wonder when I'll be hit by my own boyf going eccentric with age? Toph takes up pottery? I'd have to leave him. No hesitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home