Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, July 11, 2005

9 July - two days after the bombs

This diary is not concerned with real life events on a bigger scale so it will not mention the bombs except to say that it was curious to realise which names came to the fore as one did a mental checklist of who to call to find out if they were ok and similarly who called me to get the same information as I travel/work near one of the explosions. The official ex boyfriend’s name only surfaced in my consciousness a full 48 hours later ( he didn't call either). And I was miffed not to receive a call from Toronto. Ok it was 5 years ago but how many people does he know in London?
Later that day I walked to the house of the most recent ex instead of going home (wanting not to be alone seems a standard response in these situations and was enticed there with ‘terrorists may have poisoned the water supplies, come here for wine!’). The distinct lack of relief in finding each other alive was a clear reminder of having made the right decision there. I don’t even think we gave each other a significant hug. For two people who like dramas and movies, this was a very under-whelming moment. So I went to get a bus home and he walked into Soho to see it dark and silent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home