Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, February 12, 2009

12 February - Treatments & 1 in 5

Am having a particularly dull period where, uncharacteristically pour moi, I feel ugly, oh and old. Just to give you an exmample I have changed location of work thus necessitating a new pass/photo to access the building. I have a temporary one and have to exchange it for a real one with photo. Well, a few days have gone past and am still going without as every day I plan to sort myself out for said portrait and everyday I reach the conclusion that am ugly. Clearly this is an overall depressive trend that had never plagued me before.

Only a few weeks ago I was looking at those ads with Ruby Wax or Stephen Fry telling you that 1 in 4 people has dandruff and 1 in 5 people has mental problems (or the other way round) and therefore encouraging you to be more understanding. Well, I certainly thought that enough people around me have the so called mental problems, there's enough bankers I know and their mental problems in fucking it all up for the rest have been detailed enought, but I certainly didn't know I had any until now and negative self image all of a sudden has to be a warning light.

So, since a g/friend has had very good results with laserlipo with aspiration on her stomach, and since the bf is away for long enough not to have to witness the Bridget Jones girdles one has to wear post deliberate trauma to body or see the extensive bruising that will accompany said procedure, what better than to surf the net for info and price comparisons. G/friend had hers done in Kensington, I found one in Harpenden considerably cheaper and pretty snazzy credentials for the surgeon/doctor so why not. My plan in these shifting times of downturn and barter is to ask Kensington practice to match the out of London price or else I take my business elsewhere. I'll keep you posted as I think that particular borough is still very in denial so I may well have to take the train north of Luton.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home