Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

24 June - Professor Layton & Eccentrics

Went to visit a friend last night and he made me watch as he explained how to play this game on Nintendo DS, it's riddles and puzzles to solve to move through the game.. all watched on a very small screen.

My friend is 57 years old.
I never cease to wonder.. you think I’m eccentric but I clearly come from a ‘family’ of eccentric friends….
He has also just passed his motorbike test because he rode a bike up and down Vietnam recently but had never actually learnt how to… well done him.
For some inexplicable reason I was then looking at Nintendo DS on ebay and they seemed pretty cheap and since I. had said he'd lend me the games, I ended up buying one. Bonkers! It will go the way of the 'seemed like a good idea at the time'. I just know I will never have the patience to sit there with this toy and work out solutions, I am impatient, gets easily frustrated and what seemed like a way to keep my brain ticking over is.. just not natural. Maybe I can give it to Tophs' mum? Am sure his nephew already has one no doubt. Am kicking myself now. I would have to use it at home, can't do it at work or on the underground and when am at home I can think of a zillion other ways to spend the few hours away from work that I have...

Professor Layton (レイトン教授, Reiton-kyōju?) is a puzzle video game series for the Nintendo DS developed by Level-5. The series consists of four games and one film, and at least two more games for the Nintendo 3DS and one more film are due in 2011/2012. The first three games are about Professor Hershel Layton and Luke Triton's adventures together. The next three games and the two films are prequels and are about how Luke and Layton met and their "original" adventures. Although only the first trilogy is available outside of Japan, Level-5 has stated that eventually the other games and films will be localized.
Each title is based in a series of puzzles and mysteries given by the citizens of towns that the main characters visit. It is not necessary to solve all the puzzles to progress, but some are mandatory and at certain points in the game a minimum number of puzzles must be solved before the story will continue.
The series has gone on to be one of the most successful Nintendo DS exclusive series, with the lifetime cumulative sales of Professor Layton games standing at 10 million units sold as of October 2010.
[

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home